"I want adventures in the great wide somewhere" Beauty and the Beast

Monday 12 January 2015

world ski cup day two


11/1/15

Today I had a day off.  Even though I had planned to sleep in after last nights efforts, I woke up early and had a shower and breakfast.  It snowed heavily all morning, which kinda squashed my plans to walk down to the World Cup.  Instead I napped, watched a movie and chilled around Stockli.  I also did some much needed laundry!

After lunch at 12.30, Charlotte, Danielle (and Olivia!), Bryon and I convinced Katrina to drive us down to the World Cup.  We were sent with a list of freebies to acquire... and we did not disappoint!
We wandered around and gathered our freebies, though some where not expected.  We had some photos taken at the Coop tent, and got some free soup, got some free cheese and lip balm from the cheese man, a beanie from some company and a jersey from Oester Sport.  The latter we had signed by some skiers... not entirely sure who they were though!!

Danielle and Olivia at the Coop photo thing

Danielle, Charlotte, Bryon and I


Me at the bank photo thing 

More skiers to sign our jerseys

We only stayed for about an hour, before getting Katrina to come and get us again.  On the way back we passed Sarah and Victoria who had, by the beanies they were wearing, walked down to the World Cup.  When we got home we sorted out our 'stash', we had ended up with a lot, I mean a lot of Caffe Latte's (they are like iced coffee).  They are about CHF 2.5 each.. or about $3 AUD ... i think we had about 20 or more?.... Free Caffe Latte's for all!

We had also made it back just in time for Chloe's Sunday Sugar! It was her personal creation... the closest thing I can liken it to is sticky date pudding with out the dates! It was yummy though!!

Chloe also taught me to crochet!

No comments:

Post a Comment