"I want adventures in the great wide somewhere" Beauty and the Beast

Tuesday 27 January 2015

australia day


26/1/15

AUSTRALIA DAY !



I might be in a different country, where the snow is falling, where everything is white, where the highest temperature it hit all day was minus five.  But I still celebrated the marvelous country I call home.  I was definitely not disappointed to be here in the cold however than at home, where it was 39 degrees, where my fellow Guide Leaders were out in force running the Arts Tent on the South Perth Foreshore.  They were melting they tell me...

  

Here at Our Chalet, we celebrated with tattoos and capes, Sarah even went the whole day wearing her socks and thongs (flip flops!).  Once again we were given our usual list of jobs, and we set to them.  Our main task was to clean the laundry in Stockli.  It seems to be the room of the Chalet where things get dumped when they have no where else to go.  



Between us we were able to move majority of the items which didn't belong there up to the Helen Storrow room, and then we were able to sort out and fold nicely what was supposed to be there!  I completely unstacked and restacked the linen cupboard... and then named it after myself! It was lonely as everything else in the Chalet is named and it wasn't.


Rachael and I finished our Australia Day the traditional way, with a cold cider from the fridge!











No comments:

Post a Comment