"I want adventures in the great wide somewhere" Beauty and the Beast

Thursday 1 January 2015

new years eve




31/12/14


Last day of 2014!! I can't believe this year has gone so fast!!

This morning I was again on Guest services, and on breakfast. Charlotte and I were on breakfast, so we were up and in the kitchen by 7.30, ready for guests at 8. Breakfast finished at 9 and we were almost cleaned up in time for morning meeting at 9.30.

After morning meeting Charlotte and I went and finished clean up of breakfast then once again the rest of our day was with filled with cleaning the bathrooms, laundry and kitchen.  However, we had finished all our work by about 11.30 am.

So Nikki had us help with Stocktake.  I had left before I could do it at the Guide Shop at home, and now I was having to do it here!

Counting Lanyards

Danielle counting badges

Danielle and I organised lunch at 12, for 12.30.  Then after lunch and clean up we had a break until 3.30. This is where the day went wrong!  I decided I needed to get the entire swiss experience including the health care system.   After running halfway from Stockli to Spycher, and then slowing down to a walk, (I was walking when I fell!), I hit some black ice and stacked it onto the stone path out side Reception.  I fell onto both knees and wrists at the same time, and then smacked my head on the floor.  After sitting for an hour, and not getting overly better, I was taken to see the Doctor in town.  Apparently I'm fine, possibly a mild concussion, with a nice headache and impressive bruises.  I did have some company sitting in the Helen Storrow Room, making sure I wasn't getting worse.  

 
This is Fidgit - my company


I was babysat in the Helen Storrow Room, to make sure I didn't get worse.  We went to watch Bridesmaids and the Sound of Music, but we only got through the beginning of the Sound of Music, before we had to freeze outside to watch the fireworks and usher in the new year!



Chloe 'dropping our ball'
(It was a light which we strung up onto the flag pole)

Fireworks across the valley



No comments:

Post a Comment