"I want adventures in the great wide somewhere" Beauty and the Beast

Sunday 4 January 2015

sunday sugar


4/1/15

The morning was spent cleaning (as usual!), although I did get to do less than usual as I had to prepare Sunday Sugar.  Lunch was at 12.30 as usual though!

Rachael at lunch

Sunday Sugar is a tradition that every Sunday, someone bakes something sweet.  This week I had volunteered.  I decided that I would hit two birds with one stone and cook Sunday Sugar at the same time as cooking my traditional meal from my country for my staff challenge.  What is more Australian than Pavlova? Apart from Vegemite... though no one here seems to appreciate it!!

So here are the pictures of baking my Sunday Sugar Pavlova...

Egg yolks and whites separated

So much sugar...

Eggs whipped and sugar ready to go in


Baking time

Decorated and ready to go

Pretty much as we finished Sunday Sugar it was time to start dinner.  It is very much like a Guide camp here - one meal finishes and the next one starts!

Dinner was Spaghetti Bolognese, Garlic Bread and Salad.  We had cooked for 32, however it turned out that only 21 came to dinner.  So as per usual we had too much food, and way too much desserts! Which only meant one thing - double desserts for Staff!!

Jen consuming her dinner: 
"My precious..." 


Tonight's movie is 'Wild Child'.  Megan is currently lying on the couch procrastinating packing to go home tomorrow, whilst the rest of us (Danielle, Charlotte, Ana and I) are suffering from our food coma of Pavlova and dessert!

 

My new badge (I found it in the swap box!)

No comments:

Post a Comment