"I want adventures in the great wide somewhere" Beauty and the Beast

Thursday 29 January 2015

spa day


29/1/15

 My plan for today didn't go as planned as it should.  I had planned to go skiing the night before, packed all my gear and everything.  I knew it would be sketchy as the predicted weather the night before was windy but I thought it would be ok.  However when I woke up this morning, it was more than a little foggy, snowing quite heavily and winds higher than expected.  So there was no skiing for me.

Instead I did nothing.  I spent the morning around Stockli (watching Gossip Girl), in my pajamas, until about 11 am.  Then I finally got dressed and actually did something productive - put a load of laundry on!

After lunch, Mara, Katrina and I walked down the hill and then caught the gondola up into town.  We were headed to the Spa at one of the hotels in town.

 

 
  
 We swam in the indoor pool, and went in the four saunas downstairs.  Then we swam in the 34 degree heat outdoor pool, and looked at the scenery and the snow falling.  It was a marvelous view and I never thought I would have a use for my bathers I bought with me or that I would be swimming whilst it snowed!  We finished up the afternoon in the Finnish Sauna.  As per Finnish tradition, Mara and I sat in the sauna and then ran outside and cooled down by rolling in the snow.  The sauna was 80 degrees, so it was only cold the first couple of seconds when you threw yourself into the snow, then the snow just melted right off.

After we had had a final shower (I had so many showers, because you have to shower before and after each sauna!), we headed back into town for coffee and cake at one of the local tea houses.  I had the nicest lemon cake and a very frothy cappuccino.


Dinner was Lasagna with meringues, berries and whipped cream for dessert.  

When we got back to Stockli there was a lovely card for us for Thinking Day.  Thank you to the 3rd and 4th Heath Hayes Brownies from the UK!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment