"I want adventures in the great wide somewhere" Beauty and the Beast

Saturday 24 January 2015

skiing


23/1/15

Today was my first of two days off in a row.  I decided (and they allowed me!) the night before to go out skiing with some of the guests, Bill, Nikki and Isabella from the UK. I may have crashed their family skiing holiday, but I think they had a good time even teaching me how to ski!!  


We stopped for lunch at a hot chocolate at the bottom of Giles, and spent some time in the baby slopes with Isabella, who had never been on skis before.  By the end of the week she could ski quite well! 

Bill took me down a couple of blue slopes and taught me how properly turn.   Stand up and look over your shoulder.  Half way down one of our runs everyone was stopping on the slopes and taking oi cures of the sun. When we looked up we saw why; in the fog and glitter - like snow two circle rainbows had formed around the sun, then there was another half rainbow on the top of the second ring.  It was very impressive.  


We finished the day with a Gluwein at Peyton,  whilst waiting for Migue to pick us up in the van.  Dinner was Chicken Carbonara and Apple Crumble for dessert.

Handy Hint from Charlotte: when spelling dessert, it has two 's' because you want two helpings!

End of the Day Selfie

After dessert we had an impromptu campfire.


  




No comments:

Post a Comment