"I want adventures in the great wide somewhere" Beauty and the Beast

Wednesday 7 January 2015

engstligenalp skiing


6/1/15

It was my day off today... My body clock must be really set in its ways though because I was still up and awake at 8 am, only half an hour after I am usually up.

I had breakfast at about 9 ish, then milled around Stockli for a while.  Finally I decided that I would go skiing.  I gathered my gear and headed over to Spycher to sign out.  Dom, Tanya's husband was heading up to the top of Engstligen and invited me to join him.

Dom drove his car to the bottom of the gondola, he also let me drive! He assured me the car was insured and I was allowed to!! I didn't hit anything, though I did have a moment of indecision of which side of the road to pull off on when a bus passed us.  The accelerator, clutch and brake are all in the same order, it was just getting used to changing gears with the right hand instead of the left.

We rode the Gondola to the top of Engstligen, Dom took Willie and found a coffee shop to sit in (he made a new friend), whilst I went and skied.


Willie and I & The Gondola Up 


A Blue Run (not so blue in my opinion!!)

We didn't stay out very long - both because Dom had drunk three coffees that morning and because I was knackered after a few runs already!  We caught the gondola back down and then drove back to Our Chalet.  For the rest of the afternoon I chilled, watched some movies and did some much needed laundry!




No comments:

Post a Comment