"I want adventures in the great wide somewhere" Beauty and the Beast

Sunday 7 December 2014

a long walk


7/12/14


My plan to sleep in didn't work.  I was awake at 7.30, 8.30 in London.  So I got up and went outside to see if it had snowed anymore (about 1 cm more than yesterday, enough to cover the ground and to get excited about!).

Here are my first views of Our Chalet with the dusting of snow.  I described it to some of the girls as the same as the dusting of icing sugar I put on my Gingerbread House for Christmas.

After breakfast at 9 am we walked down, down, down the long walk to the Adelboden town centre, to the Christmas Markets in der Turnhalle.  After walking around in a circle, through the main street of town, we figured out that Turnhalle meant Town Hall.  We were then able to find the markets because we knew we weren't looking for a market place outside but inside!



Main Street of Adelboden

The Christmas Markets

We walked back up the mountain back to Our Chalet.  It was a very long, steep walk!  Some of the stranger of us enjoyed it (Sarah!) and some didn't!

Danielle, Me, Sarah, Sarah and Rachael 


When we got back we had lunch, then just milled around, played on computers or read until 3 pm when we had cake... we did a lot of eating today!  I then did a load of washing, not very exciting and just generally unpacked.  At about 4 pm Ana and Charlotte arrived from the bus and we did introductions and chit chat until 5.30 when we had to go make pizza for dinner!

Pizza was great.  I think Rachael and I did a great job!


We now have 45 mins to get changed etc before we are meeting for a campfire.  I'm now going to put on more layers so I don't freeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment