"I want adventures in the great wide somewhere" Beauty and the Beast

Monday 10 September 2018

UK Roadtrip Take Two - Arrival in Manchester

9th September
My birthday this year had the longest celebration possible as we arrived at Perth airport at 2 am, and arrived in Manchester at 8pm the same day. It was a day full of eating, sleeping and drinking, as I brought in my 24th year with the airport traditional glass of Moet!!
As many of you know (and sorry for those who dont but here you go!), two days prior to our departure, my horse slipped in the mud and I fell off, fracturing my anterior calcanium, or heel bone for those non medical! As you are unable to fly with a plaster unsitu, I opted (refused a plaster!) for a moon boot, still means no weight bearing and using crutches! I was already over being broken before we left, and the flight didnt help things. Luckily we were able to book wheelchair transfers through the airports, which let us jump all the ques and gave us exit row seats on our second flight.
The flight into Dubai was a dream. Nan was in business class again, but I think we got the better end of the deal, as mum and i both had a row of four seats each! We stretched out and went to sleep!
After a wheelchair pick up from the plane, we bypassed the lines through Dubai security and went through the accessability line instead (seriously advocate booking them if you need a transfer!) We gobbled a quick meal in the business class lounge before we boarded our flight to Manchester.
We arrived in Manchester and again picked up the wheelchair and sped through immigration and customs (non existant compared to home!) Before picking up our hire car and making it to our VRBO home and into bed by midnight!










No comments:

Post a Comment