"I want adventures in the great wide somewhere" Beauty and the Beast

Thursday 6 November 2014

a world of possibilities

In less than 23 days, 2 hrs and 51 mins, (hey who's counting!) I will be at the Perth, Western Australia, International Airport checking in my baggage and boarding a flight to London, eventually ending in the small village of Adelboden, Switzerland.  It is here I will be spending the next three months (December - March) volunteering at the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts  (WAGGGS) World Centre - Our Chalet.

 
Our Chalet in Winter


Ever since I was a little Girl Guide, we learnt about the four WAGGGS world centres: Paxlodge in London, Our Cabana in Mexico, Sangam in India and Our Chalet in Switzerland, 

It was always my dream to visit each and every one at some point throughout my life.   

Now that I am 20 years old, one semester away from finishing my degree at University,  I am finally getting that chance. 

During Christmas break, I will be leaving Perth on the 30th of November, flying to London, where I will stay for 6 days, before travelling to Zurich then Adelboden in Switzerland where I be part of the Winter Volunteer Team at Our Chalet. 

I hope you enjoy reading about my trips and experiences as much as I know I am going to enjoy having them!!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment